xls2xml is a command-line Python script for converting tabular data in Excel spreadsheets into simple XML
xls2xml converts an Excel table into flat XML output. By default, each row is represented by a node (called "node"), and the column headings are converted to attribute names.
- Run with no arguments (other than the filename) xls2xml will read the XLS file and output one XML node with each column as a separate attribute.
- Automatically escapes illegal characters in the column heading names with an underscore (_).
- Optionally, you can choose to output the cells (columns) as subnodes instead of attributes.
- You can specify the name of the node to use for each row.
- You can choose to wrap the file in a single XML root node (so that it's actually valid XML).
- Do xls2xml.py --help for full usage instructions.
Source on GitHub
Any problems, contact me.